Monday, September 22, 2014

Fall Bucket List: Feasts, Festivals, and Fairs

What's on the Fall Bucket List this year? Feasts, Festivals, and Fairs.  I was inspired to make this my unofficial goal of the fall season, as there are so many different experiences to choose from that I could fill my calendar every weekend.  The inspiration for this bucket list originated from a gorgeous day we experienced prior to the fall season when we attended the Oyster Festival in Asbury Park, NJ with some friends.





The weather was superb, music was playing in the background, there was an abundance of food and drinks to try (even if you are not a seafood lover), and of course there were some local vendors peddling their artistic wares. All in all, it was a perfect day and I started to search for other feasts, festivals, and fairs to attend during the fall season.






Hungarian Chimney Cakes...so good!
While some of us ate some oysters at the festival, I spotted my favorite food at the  El Lechon Negron food truck.  I couldn't pass it up, so my husband and I secured some Pernil and Tostones.  

El Lechon Negron Food Truck

Tostones!

Pernil..Pork with Spanish Rice with a garnish of
Plaintains on top.Yummmmm!

After the Oyster Festival, I started to scan the internet for other events going on during the fall season. There are so many to choose from, of course most of them involve food, but that's what makes them great.  There are three upcoming events that I am looking to attend to fill my fall bucket list for feasts, festivals, and fairs. The first one is The Zombie Walk in Asbury Park on October 4th.  


                    

This is one my son will absolutely love, as he is a HUGE fan of The Walking Dead. Last year it was the largest gathering of Zombies and it secured the title in the Guinness Book of World Records. This year's theme is "GREY MATTERS" and it will start the campaign to raise awareness about brain cancer, with proceeds benefitting Camp Jinka, a summer camp for kids and families are battling the disease.  There will be events starting at 10AM all the way through 9PM,.   They are even having a food drive to restock the shelves at MOVE FOR HUNGER.  Overall it looks like it will be a day of fun, entertainment and charity.  

The last two upcoming events on the Bucket list this fall's Feasts, Festivals, and Fairs are the Belmar Oktoberfest on October 12th, and the Red Bank Food and Wine Walk on October 19th.  

Belmar Oktoberfest
Food, Wine, and Red Bank..Perfect together!

So there you have it.  Three events on the upcoming list. Looking forward to filling my bucket (and my plate) with new experiences to report.


.